Share • Navigate • Collaborate • Participate
The Designing City Resilience programme will be a great independent platform for stakeholders to shape the resilience agenda & dialogue, form policy, advocacy and mobilise resources to create better, more liveable, resilient cities. From 2016 we are launching a programme of events to carry on the work and momentum of June’s event.
The programme will be designed so that organisations can;
• Forge relationships with like-minded organisations
• Prototype ideas; share knowledge and experiences
• Learn from industry experts, thought leaders and global specialists
• Work together to deliver suitable solutions to local and global challenges caused by urbanisation, climate change and trauma.
Format & Topics
Framed around the programme from June’s summit the series of resilience focused events will further explore both the key themes that contribute to a city’s resilience.
The events will also try and hone in on specific cities and regions. Are there any key differences between developed cities (and their response to the resilience agenda) and developing cities? How can cities create better strategies to promote social cohesion? To what extent is a city’s response to resilience determined by its climate?
Key themes will include;
– People centric design
– Finance and investment
– Climate change
– Risk management
– The practice of promoting resilience
– Inequality & resilience
– Energy and Resource use
– Big data
Click here to see the series of events and forums planned.